Nathan Ogle is the founder of 12CHC Design Management & Consulting, an Architectural, Real Estate, Contracts, Entitlements, and Design Consulting business serving the Bay Area since 2010. Helping shareholders advance their business growth and mission to thrive in local market economies. His clients include Woods Bagot P.C., Heller Manus Architects, Nc2 Architects and GL Planning and Design.
Recently helping the shareholders at Woods Bagot establish the North American San Francisco office, focusing on prime contract and fee negotiations, in conjunction with internal and external general counsel. Giving Woods Bagot a strategic foothold in the local arena for greater future opportunities. Woods Bagot is an Australian headquartered design firm with the highest business standards for project quality and profit margins, ranked 6th globally for total design fee revenue.
His career has been geographically centered in the Bay Area with many award-winning design projects locally and beyond, demonstrating his work as a thought leader among his peers, builders, and engineering consultants. He has worked with Fisher-Friedman Associates as Senior Vice President of Design and Management, Ellerbe Becket, Inc. (now part of AECOM) and Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM) as a technical architect and urban planner.
Nathan’s career has spanned practice, academia, business, and construction. Favorite built projects include:
- SFO Terminal 2 Air Traffic Control Tower Demo and New Sky Deck Lounge, South San Francisco
- San Francisco Civic Complex, High Rise State Office Building and Historic Renovation, San Francisco
- Houston Baptist University Lake House Residential Center – Houston, Texas
- UCSF Mission Bay Campus, Graduate Residential Living Learning Center, San Francisco
- North Peninsula Jewish Community Center – Foster City, California
- South Coast Plaza Pedestrian Bridge & Garden Terrace – Costa Mesa, California
- Dubai Marina Master Plan, Saudi Arabia
- Stanford University, Littlefield Link Building Addition, Graduate School of Business – Palo Alto, California
Other passions are small stream fishing, tennis, high adventure camping, league basketball, mountain biking, kayaking and collecting mid-century modern furniture. He served as Scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts of America Troop 246 in Moraga and volunteers regularly with the Girl Scouts of America, San Francisco/Marin Food Bank and Habitat for Humanity, while also sharing his knowledge and motivating students at the Academy of Art – School of Architecture in San Francisco.
Nathan holds a Master of Science in Architecture and Urban Design from Columbia University, Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation in the City of New York and a Bachelor of Architecture (cum laude) from Virginia Tech, College of Architecture and Urban Studies in Blacksburg, Virginia.
He lives in Orinda, California with his lovely wife and three children.