ARH 170 Projective Drawing & Perspective
This course aims to develop three-dimensional thinking and communication through the practice of rigorously constructed architectural drawings. Techniques involving line weights, line quality, and composition will be explored. Selectively applying transparency and articulating details that reinforce the building design will serve as tools to aid in the communication of design intent.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Construct a perspective drawing using a wide range of line weights and high quality of line work.
- Selectively draw out certain details and/or forms of the building that communicate the building’s design intent.
- Interpret building forms by abstracting essential qualities that reinforce the building’s design intent.
- Synthesize two-dimensional drawings and images of a building or space into three-dimensional perspective views.
- Use critical vocabulary to defend opinions and to apply critique.