Project Architect Salazar Architect Inc. Portland, Oregon USA
Salazar Architect Inc. is a small growing firm focused on creating big social and environmental impacts by working collaboratively with clients and community-based organizations. We excel at creating high-impact public interest architecture through thoughtful client, resident and community involvement, innovative design, and creative interiors.
We are looking for a Project Architect to contribute toward multiple small / medium projects and coordinate all aspects of assigned projects. This position is ideal for someone who is concerned about social and environmental values in their personal and professional lives; and has experience living in, working with, or volunteering with BIPoC communities.
- Work closely with project managers to coordinate one or more active projects with internal team members and consultants
- Lead small projects independently as well as collaborate on larger-scale projects as part of a team. Able to work effectively, balancing demands on multiple projects at various stages of development
- Manage document production, ability to create an architectural plan set in Revit with minimal instruction while being accurate and timely
- Demonstrate knowledge of detailing wood frame buildings and current building codes including accessibility
- Prepare design illustrations or rough sketches, and create digital models
- Coordinate with other design discipline drawings and models
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure design intent, quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Assist with consultant communication on projects. Proactively initiate potential solutions that advance the practice of architecture and Salazar Architect’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Lead internal team on documentation through all phases of the project. Ability to plan and manage design team efforts to effectively meet deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrate firm wide leadership by mentoring more junior staff and teams.
- Provide constructive feedback to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Engagement in industry groups to develop specialized knowledge.
- The ability and desire to take leadership roles in the office for a variety of assignments, either temporary or permanent.
- Strong interest in public interest design in low-income communities of color.
Education and Experience
- Licensure preferred but not required.
- Professional degree in architecture from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 6 years of industry experience, including at least 2 years of experience on multi-family housing developments.
- LEED or WELL AP preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses knowledge of the IBC / ADAAG and possesses the ability to achieve the intent of the code.
- Possesses knowledge of other codes such as OMSC, OFC, NFPA, OSHA, FHA, ANSI, City of Portland, City / County of Sacramento, etc.
- Working knowledge of Earth Advantage Certification, USGBC LEED rating system and score card, or Washington ESDS program.
- Highly proficient in Revit; experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus.
This opportunity is a full-time position that – for the foreseeable future – will be located as a remote / home office position. Ideally, and when the restrictions brought about by COVID-19 lift, the position will be based in Portland, Oregon or Sacramento, CA.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salazar Architect is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We offer a competitive salary and benefits structure commensurate with experience. Please email resume and work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.salazarch.com for additional information regarding our firm.