ARH 399 Building Information Modeling
Building Information Modeling is an architecture industry standard for design and production. This course familiarizes students with Autodesk Revit and its tools for schematic design, floor plan layout, presentations, and construction drawings. Students will learn how building material assembly is represented in technical drawings.
Featured Image: Daniel Lee
Course Learning Outcome
- Construct a basic three-dimensional architectural model and its site using BIM techniques.
- Use massing tools for schematic design and context modeling.
- Layout floor plans with standard drawing conventions such as dimensions, column lines, and lineweights.
- Set up standard architectural views (elevations, sections, etc.) and sheets for presentations and construction drawings.
- Utilize BIM-specific tools such as walkthroughs and solar studies.
- Build and use two-dimensional and three-dimensional custom families.