ARH 399 Building Information Modeling
Become confident using industry-standard Autodesk Revit to design a building. You will learn to create technical drawings and presentation images, and learn the basic principles of compiling and organizing a construction drawing set.
Prerequisites: ARH 239, ARH 255, ARH 390
Featured Image: Daniel Lee
Course Learning Outcomes
- Construct a basic three-dimensional architectural model and its site using BIM techniques.
- Use massing tools for schematic design and context modeling.
- Layout floor plans with standard drawing conventions such as dimensions, column lines, and lineweights.
- Set up standard architectural views (elevations, sections, etc.) and sheets for presentations and construction drawings.
- Utilize BIM-specific tools such as walkthroughs and solar studies.
- Build and use two-dimensional and three-dimensional custom families.