ARH 604: Materials and Methods of Construction
The wall section and its related elevations, plans, and key details provide a significant portion of a completed description of a building. This course will prepare you to develop a high level of competence in the technical aspects of architectural design through exploring a wall section.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to:
- Draw and build a model of a wall section showing the following components: building structure, HVAC, roof drainage, and wall structure.
- Visually describe by drawing and notation, details of the enclosure systems, door and window systems.
- Present work in a comprehensive way, describing the structural and waterproofing system of the wall section from the top of the wall to the foundation.
- Find and evaluate research on integrating approaches of building materials and component, with an awareness of the whole building system.
- Use a cyclical design approach to defining building details within a framework of an overall building envelope.