Eskew+Dumez+Ripple is pleased to announce its eighth annual Research Fellowship.
The 2019/2020 Fellowship will support one outstanding individual for a full year as they conduct applied research in the pursuit of a path to zero carbon construction.
2019-2020 theme | Deep Impact: Paths to Carbon Zero
This goal of this year’s Fellowship is to develop a library of 12 case studies of real-world projects—a mix of existing buildings and new construction—with a road map of what it would take to have these projects meet the Zero Net Carbon operation and 50% reduction in embodied carbon established by the Architecture2030 organization.
- February 11, 2019: Call for Applications
- March 18, 2019 (11:00pm CST): Deadline to Receive Candidate Submissions
- March 29, 2019: Selected Candidate Notification
- April 12, 2019: Offers Extended
- June 4, 2019: (or thereafter) Fellowship Begins
Who should apply
The EDR Research Fellowship is open to recent graduates or candidates approaching graduation in relevant fields; this could include architecture, engineering, or the physical or biological sciences. Previous Fellows have pursued degrees in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, and Civil Engineering.
Application Guidelines Candidates are asked to submit the following, as one PDF (<5MB), paginated in the following order:
- A CV (not to exceed 2 pages)
- A personal statement, up to 500 words, which may include a description of research topics of interest including a potential outline of research approach identifying key questions, citations of important books or articles
- An example of original work in PDF format, not to exceed 10 pages. This may take the form of a design portfolio or excerpt of research work. (via attachment or link to online portfolio).
- Contact information for 3 individuals who can attest to the applicant’s skills and passion
Submit by 11pm CST on March 18th, 2019. Please email email@example.com if you encounter any issues uploading your materials.